What happens when I submit a form?
Reports may be submitted by faculty, staff, students, guests, contractors, vendors, or third parties regarding an incident involving faculty, staff, students, guests, contractors, or vendors. The online form is received by Dawn Miller, Interim Director of Human Resources, and Joanne Reeck, Chief inclusion Officer. Upon receipt of the form, they will consult and determine who should respond initially to the report.
If you share your name on the form (optional), either Dawn or Joanne will contact you directly and promptly, typically within 24 hours. Dawn or Joanne will talk with you about the incident and discuss options. Options include but are not limited to officially recording the incident without further action, contacting the individual named in the report to discuss what occurred, employing the appropriate/applicable process (e.g., Student Conduct Process, Human Resources investigation, etc.) to determine an outcome, and/or providing information regarding resources and support. We will do our best to follow the reporting person’s preferences.
Discrimination and Bias-Incident Online Reporting Form
If you share your name on the form (optional), either Dawn or Joanne will contact you directly and promptly. She will talk with you about the incident and discuss your options. In addition, she will provide information regarding resources and support.
If you choose to remain anonymous they will coordinate action based upon the information shared. Anonymous information provides perspective regarding a situation but may not enable any direct action to be taken, depending upon the details provided.
Are there other ways to report?
Other ways to report a discrimination or bias incident include the following:
- You may go to Dawn or Joanne’s office to talk with one of them in person.
- You may call Dawn or Joanne directly.
- You may send an email to one or both of them.
- You may refer a friend to Dawn or Joanne to share what happened using any of the communication options outlined above.
- You may connect with a trusted faculty member, staff, or student who can report this on your behalf. They may use your name or not depending upon your preference.