- Attend a workshop led by the Director of Student Teaching, Barbara West, to learn about student teaching requirements on or around October 1 for the following winter/spring and February 1 for the following fall semester. Check your email, with your adviser, or with a methods instructor for ways to gain access to this information. After this meeting, you will fill out the Student Teaching Request Form.
- Student Teaching Application Link (TK20) – Due mid-semester prior to student teaching
- Schedule a meeting with your Education Department program advisor to discuss your application. Your advisor will approve the application for student teaching.
- Attend a seminar near the end of the semester prior to student teaching to learn about your new student teaching placement and to meet your student teaching supervisor.
- After learning your supervising teacher’s name and contact information, you will email them to begin discussing your student teaching experience.
- Review the Student Teaching Handbook prior to student teaching.
Click here for the Student Teaching Handbook
- Review the Student Teaching Handbook for Cooperating Teachers prior to student teaching.
Click here for the Cooperating Teacher Handbook
- Before your student teaching assignment begins, review, and sign the Student Teaching Contract with your cooperating teacher.
Click here for the Student Teaching Contract
- Student Teaching Abroad
Click Here for Information Regarding Student Teaching Abroad