Student Teaching Resources for Cooperating Teachers
The Education Department at Augsburg University thanks you for working with a student teacher.
Overview of Student Teaching Timeline and Tasks
- Link to Overview Video
- Link to Overview Slideshow
- Pacing Guide for 12-week placement (pdf)
- Pacing Guide for 7-week placement (pdf)
- Student Teaching Handbook (pdf)
Student teachers will complete this state-mandated performance assessment. The following resources will help you support your student teaching in this task.
Field Experience Resources for Cooperating Teachers
The Education Department at Augsburg University thanks you for your mentoring of teacher candidates. We value the exposure, skill-building, and practice that field experience provides and realize that without dedicated professionals in the field these experiences would not be possible.
Field Experience Requirements by Course
Please use the links below to view the requirements for the following courses:
Elementary Education Courses:
- EED 326 – Literacy Methods
- EED 350/550 – Math Methods
- EED 360/560 – Science Methods
- EED 380 – Kindergarten Methods
Secondary Education Courses:
- ESE 300/500 – Reading and Writing in the Content Area
- ESE 310/311 – 5-12 Social Studies Methods
- ESE 330/331 – 5-12 Math Methods
- ESE 340/341 – 5-12 Science Methods
- ESE 350 – 5-12 Literature Methods
- ESE 360 – K-12 Visual Arts Methods
Health and Physical Education Courses:
- HPE 324 – K-6 Games and Activities
- HPE 334 – 7-12 Sport Skills
- HPE 365 – K-6 Physical Education Methods
- HPE 368 – 7-12 Physical Education Methods
- HPE 390 – Methods and Materials: Health Education
Music Education Courses:
- MUS 352/552 – General Music Education Methods
- MUS 353/553 – Special Education in Music Education
- MUS 477/577 – Instrumental Methods in Music Education
- MUS 478/578 – Choral Methods in Music Education
Special Education Courses:
- SPE 410/510 – Implementing Assessment Strategies
- SPE 415/515 – Theory to Practice
- SPE 425/525 – Transition and Community
- SPE 430/530 – Instruction and Behavior Practices
Expectations of the Cooperating Teacher
- Mentor teacher candidates, provide opportunities for them to engage with students, observe their teaching, and provide constructive feedback.
- Complete evaluation forms and verify field hours in Tk20 by the completion deadline.
- Immediately contact the course instructor or Field Experience Specialist if you have concerns about the candidate’s professional dispositions.
Forms and Information:
- Verifying Hours and Submitting Evaluations Online
- CEUs for Supervision
- Suggested Classroom Activities