■ Important Notice regarding Field Experience 2020: In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and recent decisions issued by the Governor and K-12 partner districts, the Education Department faculty voted and approved a motion to not require students to complete field experience hours or fieldwork-related course assignments for the Fall 2020 semester. This vote came from the need to make a timely and responsible decision that enables all faculty, staff, students, and K-12 school partners to be able to plan for the fall.
This means that field experience will not be a required component of coursework this fall. You can choose to opt in or out of field experience, depending on your personal circumstances, with no impact on your coursework or grades.
The Fall 2020 Field Experience Guide <https://docs.google.com/document/d/13oD3XxrHqYtqSgBujCtncgAqWy8AeJzGcSiyYyNq-nc/edit?usp=sharing> and FAQs will walk you through all options available to you whether you choose to opt in or opt out of field experience this semester. Please read this document carefully, as it contains important information that could impact your ability to become a licensed teacher in the state of Minnesota.
If you have further questions or concerns about field experience this semester that were not covered in the guide, please feel free to contact:
- Stephanie Duncomb, Field Experience Specialist, <email@example.com>, Make an appointment for one-on-one advising with Stephanie via Zoom at <https://calendar.x.ai/stephanieduncomb>.
- Emily Wollak, Special Education Field Experience Specialist, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
As an additional resource, feel free to check out the newly updated Field Experience page <http://go.augsburg.edu/fieldexp> on the Education Department website.
■ St. Michael-Albertville Schools have a 1.0 FTE High School Art Teacher position. More information is available at: <https://stma.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1674>.
■ Jobs at Breakthrough Twin Cities: Breakthrough Twin Cities (BTC) prepares under-resourced students for college success and cultivates the next generation of educators. They are seeking School-Year Coaches in both their middle school and college-bound programs. These are 10 hours per month positions. Coaches will be paid $12/hour. Please complete your application by going to: <http://bit.ly/SYC20-21>. All applicants will be contacted for a phone interview. Hiring decisions will be made in early October. Please direct all questions to: <email@example.com>.
Submitting news to Augsburg:
- To the Education Department News: Send your news to Joseph Erickson at C.B. 312 or erickson-AT-augsburg.edu.
- To the Augsburg Now published by the Augsburg University Office of Public Relations and Communication: Send your news to C.B. 145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To the daily A-Mail electronic newsletter: Go to AugNet Home Page and login. Then click on the “Submit News and Announcements” link.
Connecting with Alumni and Friends:
Augsburg University provides several ways to stay connected with alumni and friends. Here are some links to get you started:
- Alumni Information Update: Submit news and contact information changes to the university’s Alumni Office.
- TC2 New Teachers’ Blog
Other Sources of News for K-12 Teachers:
Here are links to some of the very best online news sources for K-12 teachers:
- Education Week
- Teacher Magazine
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (also, subscribe to ASCD SmartBrief, a daily email news resource delivered right to your inbox).