Don’t forget – grant recipients must submit Grant Reporting.
Professional Travel Grants for Faculty
The Travel Grant Application is currently unavailable until we have further information about the 2020-2021 budget.
Information below is for typical Travel Grant Applications in past years.
- These grants are intended to support faculty travel to academic conferences.
- Applications must be received at least 30 days in advance of the conference.
- For individuals traveling between January 1 and May 31, 2020, applications will be accepted beginning August 1, 2019.
- For individuals traveling between June 1 and December 31, 2020, applications will be accepted beginning March 1, 2020.
- For individuals traveling between January 1 and May 31, 2021, applications will be accepted beginning August 1, 2020.
Work Culture Grant
- These grants are intended to foster learning communities, working groups, and other collaborative efforts among faculty and staff. Amounts vary by project but include up to $250 for activities such as teaching, reading, or writing groups.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Grants are first come, first served.
- In 2020, $24,000 will be awarded to support the scholarly endeavors of full-time faculty.
Instructional Course Design Grant
- Designed to provide an opportunity for faculty to spend a significant amount of time on course design. The stipend amount is $2,000.
- The 2020 ICD grants will prioritize course development which advances:
- The University mission of intentional commitment to diversity and creating more inclusive classroom experiences for students.
- Active and experiential learning opportunities.
- Interdisciplinary and problem-based modes of inquiry.
- Proposals that clearly demonstrate the University’s mission of intentional commitment to diversity and creating inclusive classroom experiences for students may be eligible for an additional $500 ($2,500 total).
Provost’s Internationalization Travel Grant
- Designed to support collaboration with Augsburg’s international partners.