Accessibility at Augsburg Committee Charter
Augsburg University educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. The Augsburg experience is supported by an engaged community that is committed to intentional diversity in its life and work. An Augsburg education is defined by excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran Church, and shaped by its urban and global settings.
Accessibility at Augsburg
The Accessibility at Augsburg Committee exists to sustain and advance the University’s commitment to accessible physical, instructional, technological and attitudinal environments for all students, staff, faculty, and guests of Augsburg University. The committee serves as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement to assure equitable and effective access. The committee seeks input, involvement and support from all members of the campus community. The committee reports directly to the President of the University and is headed by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- To improve accessibility of physical, instructional, technological and attitudinal environments.
- To become a leader in Higher Education in accessible education.
- Assess accessibility and implement solutions.
- Promote and facilitate the creation and enforcement of accessibility policies.
- Measure and monitor progress.
- Solicit feedback from students, faculty, staff and guests.
- Educate all members of the campus community including, but not limited to staff, faculty and students about their responsibilities for accessibility.
The Committee reports to the President and is co-chaired by the Vice President of Student Affairs and Director, Center for Learning and Accessible Student Services (CLASS).
The Committee will make an annual report to the President which will also be posted on the
Membership includes students, staff, and faculty engaged in physical, instructional, and
technological accessibility work, along with those who are interested in issues and opportunities
related to the work of the Committee.
The committee will meet routinely to develop annual objectives, seek input, address situations
and needs, and report on progress. Committee minutes will be posted on moodle for campus