Augsburg College does not allow open solicitation in campus buildings, parking lots, or residence halls. Registered Augsburg students may go door-to-door in the residence hall in which they live to register students to vote in local, state or national elections, and/or to advocate for political candidates who are running for local, state and national office. Candidates who have filed for office may access the residence halls per the Augsburg College Candidate access Policy, which is in accord with Minnesota Statute 211B.20.
Augsburg does provide space for external and campus groups to provide information or sell items on campus through a table reservation and use system in Christensen Center. Credit card sales or promotions are not permitted.
All groups/vendors are allowed to display in the Christensen Center Lobby area from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- A maximum of SIX (6) display tables will be allowed in the Christensen Center Lobby at any given time.
- Internal groups/vendors are allowed to display in the Oren Gateway Center Lobby from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Internal Campus Groups:
To schedule a table for display purposes in the Christensen Center or Oren Gateway Center, internal campus groups should:
- Fill out the online vendor/tabling request form located on the Event & Conference Planning (ECP) department’s website (www.augsburg.edu/events).
- You will receive a reservation confirmation back from the ECP office once your request has been approved and scheduled. If you do not receive a confirmation back within 24 hours, please contact 612-330-1104 or email@example.com to ensure that your reservation was received.
Rules and Regulations
- The day the group/vendor is scheduled, they will be required to obtain a vendor/display permit from ECP to exhibit at their table.
- Groups/vendors and displays are permitted in the designated locations in Christensen Center or Oren Gateway Center only. Other displays on campus are permitted only if they are directly associated with a specific conference or event.
- Groups/vendors are required to pick up and clean their display area after their display time.
- Groups/vendors are required to be at or near their tables and cannot aggressively solicit Augsburg students, faculty, and staff.
- All health-related groups/vendors must coordinate through the Center for Counseling and Health Promotion (CCHP). CCHP will make arrangements with ECP. Healthcare including shots, medications, and blood drives are to be hosted at the CCHP offices, unless otherwise arranged.
- Groups/vendors/displays are not permitted to directly or indirectly promote the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, obscene material, or material that would violate Augsburg College policy. Credit card promotion or sales are not permitted.
- Internal groups may wish to sponsor an external organization such as recruiters, political causes, and community outreach. This practice is allowed, but a member of the organization sponsoring the table must be present during all tabling times in order to validate sponsorship.
- All food and beverage service at vendor/display tables and on campus must be provided by the on-campus food service provider. Commercially and individually wrapped snacks and candies are acceptable.
The college reserves the right to rescind any vendor/display permit at any time for non-compliance of policies. The college also reserves the right to rescind any vendor/display permit with no explanation. We strongly encourage staff, faculty and students to alert the Department of Public Safety and Event & Conference Planning if the permit is not exhibited.