Augsburg College official student groups and organizations, staff and faculty may use college space to publicize events and meetings. Out of consideration for the right of free expression, the rights of viewers, civility, tolerance and respect, the following guidelines are to be followed when posting flyers and notices. Outside organizations and individuals: Please refer to item #8.
All postings must be approved and dated. Posters/flyers can be approved at the Christensen Center Information Desk. Hours during the academic year are M-F, 8 am – 6 pm and Saturdays, 8 am – 12 noon. A maximum of 25 will be stamped and approved for posting on campus.
1. All postings must be approved and dated. Posters/flyers can be approved at the Christensen Center Information Desk Hours during the academic year are M-F, 8 am – 6 pm and Saturdays, 8 am – 12 noon. A maximum of 25 will be stamped and approved for posting on campus.
2. Posting is allowed only on designated posting strips, bulletin boards and kiosks (where provided). Posting is not permitted on any surface or space, such as glass, doors, or painted walls.
3. Notices from the Registrar, Facilities Management, and Public Safety may be posted in all areas. Event and Conference Planning may use signs or other materials to fill special requests or for campus events.
4. Posters/flyers must be put up using push pins, tacks or staples; no duct tape, permanent adhesives, or tape. Organizations will be charged for damages to walls and surfaces.
5. Posters/flyers are allowed 10 days of display time. Individuals and organizations are responsible for removal of their materials.
6. No direct or indirect promotion of alcohol or drugs, obscene material or material that would violate applicable law or Augsburg College policy.
7. No flyers on cars in Augsburg College parking lots. (City of Minneapolis, Ordinance 403.10)
8. Community events and notices (including buy/sell and help wanted) can be posted on the bulletin board in the Christensen Center main floor near the restrooms.
9. Not adhering to the above guidelines will result in removal of postings and future denial of posting privileges.
10. Augsburg College reserves the right to deny any requests for posting.
Contact Campus Activities and Orientation for assistance with publicity ideas, sidewalk chalking, floor signs, or window displays. For special events, contact Event & Conference Planning.
Residence Hall posting: All posters and flyers must be approved by Residence Life staff. Contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-330-1526.