Augsburg College official student organizations, staff and faculty may use college space to publicize events and meetings. Out of consideration for the right of free expression, the rights of viewers, civility, and respect, the following guidelines are to be followed when posting posters and flyers. (These policies only apply to posters and flyers posted in areas outside of the residence halls.) Outside organizations and individuals: Please refer to item #8.
1. All postings must be approved and dated. Posters and flyers can be approved at the Christensen Center Information Desk during the academic year Mon-Fri, 10 am – 4:30 pm. During the summer, posters and flyers can be approved at the Campus Activities and Orientation Department Mon-Fri, 9 am – 4 pm. A maximum of 20 will be stamped and approved for posting on campus.
2. Postings are only allowed on designated posting strips, bulletin boards and kiosks (where provided). Posting is not permitted on any surface or space, such as glass, doors, or walls.
3. Notices from the Registrar, Facilities Management, and Public Safety may be posted in all areas. Event and Conference Planning may use signs or other materials to fill special requests or for campus events.
4. Posters and flyers must be put up using push pins, tacks or staples; no duct tape, permanent adhesives, or tape may be used. Student organizations will be charged for damages to walls and surfaces.
5. Posters and flyers are allowed 2 weeks of display time. Individuals and organizations are responsible for removal of their materials.
6. No direct or indirect promotion of alcohol or drugs, obscene material, or material that would violate applicable law or Augsburg College policy is allowed.
7. Flyers may not be placed on cars. (City of Minneapolis, Ordinance 403.10)
8. Community events and notices (including buy/sell and help wanted) can be posted on the bulletin board in the Christensen Center main floor near the restrooms.
Note: Not adhering to the above guidelines will result in the removal of postings and future denial of posting privileges. Augsburg College reserves the right to deny any requests for posting.
Contact Campus Activities and Orientation (CAO) for assistance with publicity ideas or window displays at email@example.com or 612-330-1418.
Contact Event & Conference Planning for special events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-330-1104.
Contact Residence Life for Residence Hall Posting at email@example.com or 612-330-1526. All posting in residence halls must be approved by Residence Life.