Frequently Asked Questions

How can I keep up to date on what’s happening around campus?

A College-provided e-mail account shall be an official means of communication with students, faculty, and staff of Augsburg College. Students, faculty, and staff are responsible for all information sent to them via the College-provided e-mail account. Students should regularly check their e-mail account. If a student, faculty or staff member chooses to forward their Augsburg e-mail, they are responsible for all information and attachments sent to the forwarded e-mail account. Students will also receive official notices via the A-Mail online publication and should routinely review the A-Mail. Day College students will also receive notices through the student campus mail system (student campus box) and should check their campus mailbox regularly.

Will I have a campus mailbox?

Day school students are assigned campus mailboxes.  You will receive e-mail notification of your campus box number for the year right before the start of Fall semester. Box numbers can be found on Inside Augsburg using the Directory Search function. Boxes are not locked, but we encourage students to lock them with a padlock available for rent from the Mailroom, $2/year (personal locks are not allowed).  Marking of the outside of the campus box is not allowed.  Students with campus box questions should check with the Incoming Mailroom, main level, Christensen Center or the Copy & Mail Supervisor in the Copy Center, lower level Christensen Center.

What do I do if I experience or see discrimination or bias?

Augsburg College strives to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, staff, faculty, and guests. However, like any community, there are times when inappropriate, hurtful, and/or harmful incidents take place. Please let us know if you, someone you know, or a group within our campus community, has experienced bias, discrimination, and/or hostility.

To report discrimination or a bias-incident please use the following link to connect to our online reporting form.

In the event of a student hospitalization or family emergency, whom should I notify?

The Student Affairs Office in Memorial Hall 118 should be notified in the event of a student’s hospitalization or family emergency that causes a student to miss class. Phone 612-330-1160 to report the circumstances; a staff member will contact your instructors (and whomever else you would like notified).

How does a student who needs support and specialized services for physical and/or cognitive (e.g. learning, attentional, psychiatric, or other cognitive) disabilities find support and services on campus?

CLASS (Center for Learning and Adaptive Student Services) provides services and accommodations to individuals with learning, attentional, psychiatric, or other cognitive or documented physical disabilities.  The CLASS Program is located on the second floor (link level) of the Lindell Library.  You can also visit their website at  or call 612-330-1053.

How do I register for an ACTC class?

For information visit the Registrar’s Office ACTC site,

Where can I mail a package? Where do I pick up packages?

To send or pick-up a package, go to Shipping and Receiving, located on the lower level of the Christensen Center.  Show your Augsburg ID to pick-up your package.  You can send a package via Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS.  You can drop off a pre-paid USPS, FedEx or UPS package for pick-up.  Shipping materials may be available, some for free and some for a fee.  Cash, check, or debit/credit is accepted.

Where can I buy stamps?

Singles, books, and rolls of letter and postcard stamps, plus international stamps and mailing envelopes are available in the Shipping & Receiving/Outgoing Mailroom on the lower level in the Christensen Center. Cash, check or debit/credit is accepted.

Where can I make copies?

Copy Center, Located in the lower level of the Christensen Center.  Pay for your copies with cash, check, or credit/debit.

Where can I get a Metro bus schedule? Where can I buy a Metro bus pass?

Copies of Metro Transit schedules are available in the Christensen Center, main floor. Metro Bus passes may be purchased at a discount in the Enrollment Center, Sverdrup Hall, main floor. For more information regarding public transit in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, visit

Where can I work out?

Located in the lower level of Si Melby Hall are two weight rooms. Both weight rooms are opened to all college alumni, faculty, staff and students with a valid ID.

What are the Fitness Center Hours?

Fitness Center Hours*:

Monday – Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 10 p.m., Saturday: Noon – 6 p.m., Sunday: Noon – 10 p.m.

*If a class is scheduled for Fitness Center use, it will be closed to everyone but the instructor and students enrolled in the class. Signs are posted in advance with class dates and times. Holiday hours for the Fitness Center are announced in A-Mail prior to the holiday.

How do I join a club or organization?

Contact Campus Activities and Orientation at 612-330-1418 or for information about student clubs and organizations on campus.

Can I attend athletic events on campus?

Students, faculty and staff can attend free of charge. Show your Augsburg ID card at the gate.

How do I get involved in intramural sports on campus?

Intramural and recreational sports are an integral part of the Augsburg College experience. To learn more about the activities offered, visit the Augsburg Intramurals site (


What are the Dining Service Hours?

Dining Room (the Commons):

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Brunch (weekends): 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Dinner (weekends): 5 – 7 p.m.

Nabo: A Neighborhood Cafe

Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Sunday: Closed

WEC Sundays: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Einstein’s Bagels Coffee Shop

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Sunday: Closed

WEC Sundays: 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Hours may vary during academic breaks. Check A-Mail for updates.

Where can I eat if I am not on a meal plan?

You may purchase food and beverages in the dining room, Nabo, or Einstein’s Bagel Coffee Shop, using cash or points purchased through Aviands’ Food Service.

Meal Plans are purchased through Residence Life. The meal portions of each plan, 15-Plus, 10-Plus, and 5-Plus, are only for use in the dining room. The points portion may be used at Nabo or Einstein’s where each food and drink item has a point value. The dining room has a set fee for each – breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The dining room and Einstein’s are located in the Christensen Center. Nabo is located in the Oren Gateway Center.

Where do I find an on-campus job?

All student employment opportunities are posted on Augsburg’s HR website ( Students must apply for positions online. Once they are hired, they must fill out the following forms:

I-9 Form

W-4 Form

Complete a Student Terms of Employment

Direct Deposit (optional)

Student New Hire Form (must be completed by supervisor to turn in to Human Resources)

How do I verify my enrollment for my insurance company? My car insurance gives a good driver discount – how do I send them verification?

You may obtain enrollment verifications by logging into AugNet Records and Registration and clicking on the Enrollment Verification link. You then have the option to “Obtain an Enrollment Certificate” or “Obtain a Good Student Discount Certificate.” When submitting either document to a third party, be sure to include any necessary account or policy numbers for identification purposes.

Verifications also may be requested in person at the Enrollment Center.

How do I view my Financial Aid award?

To view your financial aid award, go to and click on “Track My Financial Aid.”

My family’s financial situation has changed. What should I do?

If your family’s financial situation has changed, you should contact the Student Financial Services office in the Enrollment Center to get a Special Circumstances form The Enrollment Center phone number is 612-330-1046.

Where can I rent a locker to store my stuff on a day-to-day basis?

If you would like a locker for an entire year, contact Campus Activities and Orientation (CAO). You can check out the locker in person at the CAO office, located in the Auggie’s Nest on the lower level of the Christensen Center. Lockers are provided with locks; you receive the combination. Lockers are available for the entire year on the lower level of the Science Building.

You can also find daily use lockers on the main level of the Christensen Center (next to the Wells Fargo ATM machine at the entrance to the skyway to the Urness/Mortensen lobby). To use, put a quarter in the locker, put your possessions in the locker, close the door and take the key. At the end of the day, you can put the key back in the door, remove your possessions, and get your quarter back.

Where is the Lost & Found?

The Information Desk, main level of the Christensen Center. Departments on campus forward found items to this main depository where they are dated and stored. After several months unclaimed items are donated to charity.

How can I get help on my papers?

The Writing Lab, Lindell Library, street level, offers one-to-one tutoring to students who want help in developing the skills necessary for effective writing. For more information visit the Writing Lab website.

How do I get a parking permit?

To park in an Augsburg College parking lot, you must purchase a permit. Parking permits are issued to faculty, staff and students. They are numbered, in hangtag form, and must be correctly displayed in vehicle at all times. Permits are non-transferable.

Permits are sold online through AugNet’s parking services link during the month before each term and the rest of the year are available based on supply through the Department of Public Safety, located in the Urness/Mortensen Lobby.

Purchasing an Augsburg parking permit does not guarantee you a parking spot, but it does permit you to park in appropriate campus lots. A campus map including directions and parking information is located here:

Augsburg College permits are for Augsburg parking lots only. A City of Minneapolis street permit is required to park on most streets surrounding the College for longer than the posted limits. These city permits are only available to persons who live on campus and to obtain you must first attain a “proof of residence” letter from Public Safety.

Temporary parking permits for limited time periods are available for purchase online through parking services on AugNet.

Contact the Department of Public Safety at 612–330–1717 with questions concerning parking regulations. A more extensive overview of Parking Policies and Transportation Information is available on the Department of Public Safety website

What are the phone numbers for the Residence Life offices in Anderson Hall and the Urness/Mortensen Hall Lobby?

Anderson Hall Lobby: (612) 330–1121

Urness/Mortensen Hall Lobby: (612) 330–1526

How do I reserve a room for an event or meeting?

To reserve a room on campus for an event or meeting visit the Event and Conference Planning website at

For more information, contact Event and Conference Planning at 612-330-1104 or email

Where do I go when I get sick?

Augsburg College offers basic health care services to students without health insurance through a contract with Smiley’s Clinic.  These services are limited and do NOT include emergency services.

Smiley’s is located at 2020 East 28th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407. The clinic telephone number is 612–333–0770.

Students with health insurance can also use the health services at Smiley’s Clinic. Their insurance provider will be billed for medical services and the student will be responsible for any co–pays or deductibles associated with their insurance. Students should check with their insurance providers to make sure services at Smiley’s will be covered.

For more information, visit the Center for Wellness and Counseling Student Health Clinic website at Contact the Center for Wellness and Counseling office at 612–330–1707 if you have specific questions or concerns regarding Smiley’s or the services covered.

Who do I talk to about Study Abroad?

For information about the Study Abroad program visit the Augsburg Abroad website at Or contact:

Augsburg Abroad

Lower level of Christensen Center


Where do I rent/purchase my textbooks?

Augsburg College Bookstore, located in the Oren Gateway Center.

Those students using financial aid to cover the cost of textbooks may set up a bookstore account. This account allows students to rent/buy in the Augsburg College Bookstore using a declining balance account. Bookstore accounts in the amount of $600 will be automatically opened for all registered students.  Although anything can be charged on your bookstore account, it is highly suggested that students purchase their required books and supplies before the cut off dates.

Student’s accounts will be billed for only what was spent on their bookstore account before credit refunds are issued.  If your bookstore account creates a balance on your account you need to make payments in accordance with your statement.  Please contact Student Financial Services before you purchase books if you are unsure on how you will afford to pay for them.

Due to the financial aid cycle, you can only charge expenses to your bookstore account during specific times.

Fall Term: July 8th-September 17th

Please contact Student Financial Services (612) 330-1046 if you have any questions.

For more information on bookstore accounts, visit

How do I get a copy of my transcript?

Information about ordering a transcript is online at  Ordering your transcript online through the Student Clearinghouse is preferred and is faster, less expensive and more secure.

Where do I arrange for a tutor?

Students may send an email to or call 651-330-1445. In some cases, students may be referred to Supplemental Instruction or one of our labs (i.e. math, writing, or speakers lab) for assistance. For more information please visit our website at

Where do I go with questions about computer use and printer availability?

First, check out the Student Computing tech desk website. If you can’t find the answer to your question there, feel free to contact the TechDesk, Lindell Library, Room 104, at 612-330-1400 or e-mail

Where and how can I send a fax? What if someone needs to fax me something?

To send a fax, visit the Copy Center, Christensen Center, lower level. To receive a fax, have it sent to 612-330-1649. Be sure to have the sender include your full name and campus box on the cover letter.   The fax can be picked up in your campus box.