■ Education Majors Can Study Abroad: The Global Educators Semester at Augsburg’s study center in Cuernavaca, Mexico is designed specifically to replace a regular on-campus spring semester for education majors. Study abroad is affordable, life-changing, and gives you academic and professional skills to succeed after graduation! All Auggies get an automatic $1500 Travel Grant for the Global Educators Semester, you can use all of your financial aid for the program and there are additional scholarships available, too.
Global Educators Semester courses include:
- EDC 310: Learning and Development in an Educational Setting
- EDC 353: International Education
- EDC 299: Global Education Practicum
Additional Course Options
- EDC 200: Orientation to Education
- EDC 210: Diversity in Schools
- BIO 118: Environmental Biology with Lab
- Spanish: 18 course options
- WEL 119: Latin Dance
Why wait? Next steps for planning:
Talk to Ann Marie Yacobucci in the Education Department
Attend an Info Session in the Study Abroad office in Christensen Center lower level. Apply by November 1. Get more info and apply online at <http://studyabroad.augsburg.edu>. Email anytime: <email@example.com>.
■ Start Planning Now for European Study Abroad Trip in May 2019! Study Education and Psychology in Slovenia, May 2019: Examine the roots of both educational and psychological practices that shaped European culture in beautiful Ljubljana, Slovenia. As part of this May 2019 travel program, you will also experience Roman ruins in Croatia and the canals of Venice, Italy.
This travel seminar has been the most popular Augsburg summer short-term travel seminar each time it has been offered, with maximum enrollment achieved each trip, so start planning now to make sure you can join us!
For more information, visit: <http://bit.ly/Slo2019>. To apply, go to <http://studyabroad.augsburg.edu/?go=PsychAndEduSlovenia>.
More information about the trip may be obtained by contacting professors Joseph Erickson <firstname.lastname@example.org> or Stacy Freiheit at <email@example.com>.
■ Progressive Educators Conference planned for November 5th: Prairie Creek Community School is hosting a conference of progressive educators called the Imagine Conference on November 5th. You may obtain more information by contacting Nancy Dennis at <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Here is a link where you can get more information and register: <http://prairiecreek.typepad.com/imagine/>
■ College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors in the West Metro is currently hiring part-time math, science, and test prep tutors to work in Edina, Maple Grove, Excelsior and Wayzata areas. For more information, contact Erin Black at phone: 952-285-7667 or email: <email@example.com>.
■ University of Northern Iowa (UNI) Overseas Teaching Services and Recruiting Fair: The 2019 UNI Overseas Teaching Services and Recruiting Fair is scheduled for February 1st – February 2nd, 2019 in Waterloo, IA. This Fair is for teachers looking to teach abroad for the 2019-2020 school year. Questions? Go to: <http://TeachOverseas.uni.edu>.
Submitting news to Augsburg:
- To the Education Department News: Send your news to Joseph Erickson at C.B. 312 or erickson-AT-augsburg.edu.
- To the Augsburg Now published by the Augsburg University Office of Public Relations and Communication: Send your news to C.B. 145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To the daily A-Mail electronic newsletter: Go to AugNet Home Page and login. Then click on “Submit News and Announcements” link.
Connecting with Alumni and Friends:
Augsburg University provides several ways to stay connected with alumni and friends. Here are some links to get you started:
- Alumni Information Update: Submit news and contact information changes to the university’s Alumni Office.
- TC2 New Teachers’ Blog
Other Sources of News for K-12 Teachers:
Here are links to some of the very best online news sources for K-12 teachers:
- Education Week
- Teacher Magazine
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (also, subscribe to ASCD SmartBrief, a daily email news resource delivered right to your inbox).