■ Augsburg Citizen Educators Invitations: Augsburg Citizen Educators (ACE) is a campus organization supporting students in developing a social and professional network. We have 3 opportunities to which we would like to invite you:
- Join the Board: The ACE Board needs your support! We need to fill 3 vacant board positions this month in order to remain in good standing with student government. If you are interested, we meet about once per month to plan ACE events. Our next Board Meeting is Wednesday, October 26 at 3:30-4:30 pm at Einstein’s. This is a great resume builder and leadership opportunity. Please email Rachel Lloyd (see address below) if you are interested.
- Education Degrees Not Debt: Our Fall professional development activity will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 7, from 4 to 5:30 in partnership with the Education Minnesota Student Program. This session will help you learn about student aid options available for future educators. Pizza will be served! <https://tinyurl.com/yaywdhfn>.
- Facebook: Follow us on Facebook <@augsburgcitizeneducators> to get the latest updates on events.
Please contact Rachel Lloyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you have questions.
■ Critical Language Scholarship: The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program is a fully funded summer language program for American undergraduate and graduate students. CLS is a merit-based study abroad scholarship providing cultural immersion and rigorous academic instruction in fourteen languages deemed critical to national security and economic prosperity. More information is available at: <http://www.clscholarship.org/>. If you want assistance with your applications contact: <email@example.com>.
■ Teacher Candidate Grant Funding Available for Qualified Students: The Office of Higher Education is excited to announce the application for the Teacher Candidate Grant is now available. The Minnesota Teacher Candidate Grant provides postsecondary financial assistance to eligible students enrolled in Minnesota teacher preparation programs during one term in which the student is completing a required 12-week or more student teaching experience. On a funds-available basis, selected undergraduate and graduate students may receive awards of up to $7,500. Applicants must intend to work in an identified shortage area and/or belong to a racial or ethnic group underrepresented in the Minnesota teacher workforce to be eligible. Go to: <http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/mPg.cfm?pageID=2248> for more information.
Submitting news to Augsburg:
- To the Education Department News: Send your news to Joseph Erickson at C.B. 312 or erickson-AT-augsburg.edu.
- To the Augsburg Now published by the Augsburg College Office of Public Relations and Communication: Send your news to C.B. 145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To the daily A-Mail electronic newsletter: Go to AugNet Home Page and login. Then click on “Submit News and Announcements” link.
Connecting with Alumni and Friends:
Augsburg College provides several ways to stay connected with Alumni and friends. Here are some links to get you started:
- Alumni Information Update: Submit news and contact information changes to the college’s Alumni Office.
- TC2 New Teachers’ Blog
Other Sources of News for K-12 Teachers:
Here are links to some of the very best online news sources for K-12 teachers:
- Education Week
- Teacher Magazine
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (also, subscribe to ASCD SmartBrief, a daily email news resource delivered right to your inbox).