■ New Free MTLE Preparation Site: A new free site on which our students can gain valuable test prep experience for the MTLE is available. It is the preparation site for the Massachusetts teacher candidate test.
The site can be located following these steps:
Go to: Learning Express (all centers)
- Career Center
- Prepare for an Occupation
Find the MTEL (this is the Massachusetts version but it is almost identical to the Minnesota version of the test)
Students need to register but only need to fill in the spots with an asterisk. and can skip the blank for student ID.
■ Free NES Prep Sessions! Invite your classmates! Registration is required.
There are two reading and the writing sessions at Augsburg University on 4/7/2018 & 4/14/2018. Register for the reading and writing prep sessions here: <https://goo.gl/xb4MVO>.
For those of you who have not passed the NES exam or partially passed the NES exam, you can pick and choose which sessions to attend. We advise students to take the exams right after the prep sessions while the material is fresh in your mind. More information is available at: <http://web.augsburg.edu/education/downloads/Spring-2018-NES-Prep-Flyer.pdf>.
■ 5th Grade Teaching Position in Columbia Heights: Go to: <https://www.applitrack.com/colheights/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Licensed&AppliTrackJobId=1908&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1> for more information.
■ Skyhawks Summer Sports Camp Jobs: Do you enjoy sports? Do you like having fun and working with kids? Do you enjoy spending summer days outside? Do you want to improve your coaching/teaching skills? Skyhawks is looking for teachers, coaches, college students and high school students who are interested in teaching young athletes (ages 4 – 14). Skyhawks summer programs start early June through late August.
• How to apply: Online at <http://www.skyhawks.com/minnesota>
• More information: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
■ Teacher Candidate Grant Funding Available for Qualified Students: The Office of Higher Education is excited to announce the application for the Teacher Candidate Grant is now available. The Minnesota Teacher Candidate Grant provides postsecondary financial assistance to eligible students enrolled in Minnesota teacher preparation programs during one term in which the student is completing a required 12-week or more student teaching experience. On a funds available basis, selected undergraduate and graduate students may receive awards of up to $7,500. Applicants must intend to work in an identified shortage area and/or belong to a racial or ethnic group underrepresented in the Minnesota teacher workforce to be eligible. Go to: <http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/mPg.cfm?pageID=2248> for more information.
Submitting news to Augsburg:
- To the Education Department News: Send your news to Joseph Erickson at C.B. 312 or erickson-AT-augsburg.edu.
- To the Augsburg Now published by the Augsburg College Office of Public Relations and Communication: Send your news to C.B. 145 or email@example.com.
- To the daily A-Mail electronic newsletter: Go to AugNet Home Page and login. Then click on “Submit News and Announcements” link.
Connecting with Alumni and Friends:
Augsburg College provides several ways to stay connected with Alumni and friends. Here are some links to get you started:
- Alumni Information Update: Submit news and contact information changes to the college’s Alumni Office.
- TC2 New Teachers’ Blog
Other Sources of News for K-12 Teachers:
Here are links to some of the very best online news sources for K-12 teachers:
- Education Week
- Teacher Magazine
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (also, subscribe to ASCD SmartBrief, a daily email news resource delivered right to your inbox).