Augsburg College provides students the opportunity to provide feedback on the instructor of the course, the course itself, and instructional materials. The form is broken into 5 sections with 29 questions total. The first 4 sections are scaled questions with comment sections and the last 7 questions are open-ended and demographic information.
Sample of the current form (2005-2013)
- Course evaluations are delivered online to all courses having 3 or more students with some exceptions.
- All courses are evaluated every term. Evaluations are generally opened 2 weeks before the end of the course and remain open during finals week. The total time available is close to 2.5 weeks.
- All course evaluations are anonymous.
- Results are available online to faculty after the grade submittal deadline has passed.
Help and Information
- Help with viewing results
- Help using the Survey Intelligence Report (comparison across years) [NEW]
- Sample faculty report
- Response rates
For detailed information on viewing and interpreting course evaluations, visit the Course Evaluations section of the Knowledge Base
- Papers and Research
- Annotated Bibliography of Online Course Evaluations
- Student Evaluation of Courses: Kicking and Screaming into the 21st Century (paper on fall 2004 pilot)
- From Pencils to Pixels: Course Evaluations Go from Online Pilot to Production (presentation given in fall 2006)
- Documents and Communications
- Proposal to Faculty (Fall 2005)
- Recommendations for boosting response rates (sent to the faculty in the spring of 2006)
- Faculty Proposal Handout (PDF compilation of selected materials from this website, March 2009)
- 12 month response rate distribution (PDF from slides from faculty meeting, April 2009)
- Proposal to Faculty (April 2009)