- An article by Sherry Lee Linkon, a professor of English and American studies and co-director of the Center for Working-Class Studies at Youngstown State University, providing a critical look at some pros and cons of assessment practices. Academe; Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p28-32.
- An overview of assessment practices from the American Association of Higher Education and Accreditation (AAHEA).
- Many resources from general assessment to assessment in specific disciplines.
- An assessment article by Peggy Maki (AAHEA) from the Bush Regional Collaboration.
Send suggestions of resource links to include on this webpage to this site’s web master.
Resource Books Housed in the Center for Teaching and Learning in the lower level of Lindell Library:
- 500 Tips on Assessment by S. Brown and P. Race
- Assessing Student Competence in accredited Disciplines edited by C. Palomba and T. Banta
- Assessment Essentials: Planning, Implementing, and Improving Assessment in Higher Education by C. Palomba and T. Banta
- Assessment in Practice: Putting Princleples to Work on College Campuses by T. Banta, J. Lund, K. Black, and F. Oblander
Note: This resource has many disciplinary and general education examples.
- Assessment Practice in Student Affairs: An Application Manual by John H. Schuh and M. Lee Upcraft and Associates (2001)
- Assessment Update: The First Ten Years by T. Banta, P. Ewell, P. Gray, G. Pike, and J. Seybert (Not yet available)
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers by T. Angelo and K. Patricia Cross
- Competence-Based Assessment Techniques by Shirley Fletcher
- Effective Grading: A Tool for Learning and Assessment by B. Walvoord and V. Johnson Anderson
- Learner-Centered Assessment on College Campuses: Shifting the Focus from Teaching to Learning by M. Huba and J. Freed
- Making a Difference by T. Banta (Not yet available)
- Planning and Implementing Assessment by R. Freeman and R. Lewis
- Selected References – Assessment in Higher Education (Bibliography) by T. Banta (Not yet available)
- Student Assessment in Higher Education: A Handbook for Assessing Performance by A. Miller, B. Imrie, and K. Cox